The RA Welfare Team will:
- Listen, empathise and understand
- Support Members by offering advice to benefit their welfare, mental and physical health
- Work in partnership with the Representation Team to aid support
- Sign-post members to organisations that can offer both help and support
- Guide referees (and parents of young referees) through the process of reporting incidents to the County FA and personal hearings.
- Advise on possible applications to the RA Benevolent Fund
- Run campaigns and lobby the FA
The Team also runs campaigns and lobbies the FA on various topics which include changing the way that referee assaults are dealt with by the police and the courts.